Pilgrim Baptist church of Red Bank New Jersey was organized in June 1896, by Rev. Ebenezer Bird, Pilgrim Baptist Church was one of the first "Negro " Baptist Churches in Red Bank. It was organized in 1896 and began without a permanent home.
The name Pilgrim evolved because the pioneers had to go from home to home to conduct services. Our first church was built in 1910 on a small lot located at 17 Pearl Street. Our present edifice (172 Shrewsbury Avenue) was purchased in 1955.
Pilgrim Baptist Church has over the years been blessed with great leadership-moving the Church to higher and higher levels of spirituality, service, and presence in the community. Including our present Shepherd, we have had 14 Pastors over our more than 115 year history.
THE PASTORS OF PILGRIM